- Registration will be accepted up to Thursday,July 6th at 5 pm, 2023 as space permits.
Early registration recommended
- Contestants may enter one class only in Fiddle, and one class only in Step Dance * [see exception - Group Rules # 6]
- Contestants may use their own or house accompanists, one instrument only, no recorded music (Piano Chords appreciated for house accompanists).
- Contestants are responsible to be on time at the stage for their performance,
- All Contestants must compete in the Preliminary Competition.
- The 9 Years and under Class and the 10-12 Years Class will have four finalists chosen in each class. These classes will have ONE Performance ONLY. Three finalists will be chosen in all other classes to compete in the Finals
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Contestants are admitted free to all events of the Festival excluding Friday and Saturday Night's Program. 1st Place Contestants will have free admission on Saturday night.
- Accompanists admitted free to events in which they play.
- Order of play is determined by organizers.
- First place winners will be invited to perform on Saturday night during the Festival of Stars.
- There is a maximum of three consecutive First Place finishes in any single category.
RULES - FIDDLE CLASSES
- Contestants must play: waltz, jig and reel in that order.
- Time Limit : 4 minutes.
- Tunes must be of accepted old-time variety.
- Accompanists may chord or play melody.
- All judging is based on contest rules - time, tone, technique, and over-all accuracy.
- The only instrument which may be used by the contestant is a fiddle.
RULES: GROUP CLASS
- A group is defined as minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 fiddlers.
- Each participant must play a fiddle.
- Each group may have one accompanist, no recorded music.
- Tunes - waltz and old time tune of their choice, in that order.
- Time limit: 4 minutes.
- Group participants may compete in one other fiddle class and one step dance class.
RULES: STEP DANCE CLASSES
- Each Contestant must dance a reel.
- Time Limit: 3 minutes.
- Should an accident beyond the performer's control occur, the dancer may stop and have the opportunity to perform again, at the discretion of the judges. Contestant will be allowed 1(one) re-dance only.
- Contestants judged on: Timing, Execution, Variety of Steps, and Presentation.
- No recorded music.