- Registration will be accepted up to Thursday,July 4 at 5 pm, 2019 as space permits.
Early registration recommended
- Contestants may enter one class only in Fiddle, and one class only in Step Dance * [see exception - Group Rules # 6]
- Contestants may use their own or house accompanists, one instrument only, no recorded music (Piano Chords appreciated for house accompanists).
- Contestants are responsible to be on time at the stage for their performance,
- All Contestants must compete in the Preliminary Competition.
- Three finalists in all classes will compete in the Finals, with the exception of the 9 Years and under Class and the 10-12 Years Classes where up to four finalists will compete.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Contestants are admitted free to all events of the Festival excluding Friday and Saturday Night's Program. 1st Place Contestants will have free admission to Friday and Saturday night.
- Accompanists admitted free to events in which they play.
- Order of play is determined by organizers.
- First place winners will be invited to perform on Saturday night during the Festival of Stars.
- There is a maximum of three consecutive First Place finishes in any single category.
RULES - FIDDLE CLASSES
- Contestants must play: waltz, jig and reel in that order.
- Time Limit : 4 minutes.
- Tunes must be of accepted old-time variety.
- Accompanists may chord or play melody.
- All judging is based on contest rules - time, tone, technique, and over-all accuracy.
- The only instrument which may be used by the contestant is a fiddle.
RULES: GROUP CLASS
- A group is defined as minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 fiddlers.
- Each participant must play a fiddle.
- Each group may have one accompanist, no recorded music.
- Tunes - waltz and old time tune of their choice, in that order.
- Time limit: 4 minutes.
- Group participants may compete in one other fiddle class and one step dance class.
RULES: STEP DANCE CLASSES
- Each Contestant must dance a reel.
- Time Limit: 3 minutes.
- A re-dance will be allowed in case of an accident – judges’ decision.
- Contestants judged on: Timing, Execution, Variety of Steps, and Presentation.
- No recorded music.